Internet Tools >
|CastleNews Pro is a news aggregator that supports all of the major RSS formats. CastleNews Pro helps you to read news topics from all of your favourite RSS and ATOM news feeds.
CastleNews Pro is a news aggregator that supports all of
the major RSS formats. CastleNews helps you to read news topics
from all of your favourite RSS and ATOM news feeds. Supported feed
formats : RSS 0.91, RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, ATOM 0.3.
CastleNews comes preconfigured with a number of feeds, and allows you to add as many feeds as you like.
|Buy Newsgroup AutoPoster:
CastleNews Pro is a step
up from the free version. The Pro version adds the following features to CastleNews :
What is RSS ?
- Set the number of topics to read for a feed.
- Turn topic preview on or off.
- Check for new news feeds at startup.
- Set a feed to ignore topics over a certain age.
- Organize topics into categories of your choice.
- More features will be added based on user feedback.
What is a News Feed ?
- RSS is fast becoming the new standard for distributing news and information via the Internet. In the coming years, you can forget about email newsletters. Everyone will be reading their news via an RSS news aggregator such as CastleNews.
- RSS is great for publishers because it allows them to publish the latest headlines related to their site. End users, or other web sites can make use of the RSS feed to view or display the headlines from the publishers site. When another web site publishes the contents of an RSS feed, this process is called syndication. Syndication of a publishers RSS feed can greatly increase the number of visitors who see the headlines and subsequently visit the publishers site.
- RSS is a simple, lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other Web content. For publishers (web sites etc), RSS is a great way to present structured information such as news, headlines, updates. For end users, RSS is a simple and convenient, yet very powerful tool for getting content where, when and how they want it.
- RSS is great for users because it is a simple method of obtaining the latest news that is of interest. With a news aggregator such as CastleNews, the user can organize and track all of their RSS feeds in one convenient place.
- A news feed is a list of topics about a central theme, which is made available from a web site, usually in a standard format such as RSS. To read the feed, the user installs a newsreader or aggregator such as CastleNews and enters the URL for the news feed in question. News feeds usually provide their topics in reverse chronological order so that the most recent topic is first in the list.
|Other Hot Software:
| Pop Up AD Killer
Reg Clean Reg Edit
Magic Vines Game
Speed Up My PC
Folder Security Personal
Copy Playstation 2 Game
Block Caller ID
GhostSurf 2005 Platinum
Cubis Gold 2
Walls of Jericho
Spyware Scan Clean Adware
Spy Tools & Programs
15-day free trial
Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
15M free HD space